A few quick notes from the weekly NFL media releases:
- Announcers: Kenny Albert, Brian Baldinger and Chris Myers (get used to these guys)
- Game Time: 1pm on Fox. This is the main 1pm game on Fox so odds are you will get to see this game. Broadcast map here.
- Last match-up: Nov 30, 2003: Saints 24 Redskins 20 – Aaron Brooks runs for 2 TDs and throws for another TD to lead the Saints to victory.
- Last match-up in New Orleans: Dec 30, 2001: Redskins 40 Saints 10. The Redskins score 40 unanswered points to overcome a 10 point deficit. The defense forces 4 turnovers and Stephen Davis rushes for 110 yards in the win.
- Joe Gibbs is 5-1 in his career against New Orleans.
- Ladell Betts has averaged 124 yards in 6 career games with over 20 carries. Betts has rushed for 430 yards in his past three games and is aiming for his 4th straight 100 yard game.
- Andre Carter has recorded at least one sack every time he’s faced New Orleans.
- Adam Archuleta had a career high 2 sacks in an Oct 2005 against New Orleans. I’m pretty sure that mark is safe.
- Reasons to pick the Saints this week: They’ve managed 2,446 yards in their past 5 games. They lead the NFL with 18 touchdowns of more than 20 yards and have completed FIFTY-FIVE passes of more than 20 yards. Yeah, this could get ugly.
- Deuce McAllister has rushed for more than 100 yards in consecutive games vs the Redskins. Reggie Bush is 2nd in the NFC with 79 catches and is aiming for his third straight game with more than 100 yards receiving.
- Devery Henderson leads all receivers with a 23.4 yards per catch average. Marques Colston needs 83 yards to reach 1000 for the season.
- Will Smith has 7 sacks in his past 5 games.
So will the Saints go over or under 30 points this week?