Well, so far so good for Jim Zorn.
Here are a couple of quick thoughts on the game:
- Jason Campbell has moved back ahead of Colt Brennan in the race to be the game 1 starter for the Skins. In all seriousness, Campbell looked great. He manufactured a TD drive and went 7-10 with two of his incompletions caused by passes being batted down at the line of scrimmage. It looks like he has a good grasp of Zorns offense.
- Initially it looks like Jim Zorns offense is much less predictable than the offense the skins ran under Gibbs/Saunders. It is nice to see the different route combinations and play calling. I have high hopes for the offense this year.
- The starting defense looked good, or did Buffalo’s starting O just look bad? Oh well, we’ll take it. It was nice to see the Bills held to a field goal after the opening fumble.
- Suisham redeemed himself this week with his 46 yarder. He should avoid the fury of the fans this week. Consistency is a bit of an issue with him though.
- Billy McMullen had a nice game against the backups much to Lee’s chagrin. Personally I would still keep Anthony Mix on the team for his special teams ability though.
- It was interesting to see Springs start at FS this week. Yes, he was only there because of the injury situation but I wonder if he could be a FS in this league (not necessarily here) in the future
- No serious injuries to report is always good news.